I have no patience left. Here is the news.
- Ears. Drops are working. Inflammation slowly going down. Pain subsiding. I am still so deaf that if I have to say “I’m sorry, I can’t hear you” even one more time, I will cry and/or stab myself in the ears with knitting needles.
- Work. Is horrible. That’s all I can say. I was already busy and then I ended up needing two days off sick and now my diary next week is horrific.
- Gym. Cannot remember what it looks like. I resorted to drink yesterday (see above). The batteries in my digital scales have worn out and I am secretly relieved because even if I weighed 15 stone right now, I would not have time to do anything about it.
- Dating. I am obliged to go out and have dinner with someone tonight, first date, and I pity the poor fucker because I have zero patience left and zero sense of humour.
Things I want and do not have.
- Honcho. I always want him when I am stressed or under the weather or whatever. I only have about 20% of his attention, though, and the relationship only works when I have better than 75%. Although in some ways even 20% is surprising because all I do any more is tell him how much I hate him and what a shithead he is. It makes me feel better.
Things I have and cannot use.
- Swimming costume, this one from simplyswim.com that was on sale and that I forgot I ordered. So pretty, also it has got properly shaped foam padding in the bust, not those stupid bits of folded-up material that are put in cheap swimsuits, that move around and make your boobs look like they have corners. I am happy to report that the size 12 fits me no problem. I hope I can get back in the pool soon. I miss swimming and I miss being able to hear and I miss Delroy the Beautiful.